About the St. Paddy’s 5K
The Race begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and will follow the St. Patrick’s day parade route through scenic and historic downtown Naperville. The race will be run prior to the parade, in plenty of time to watch the parade which kicks off at 10:00am. Spectators for the parade arrive early to cheer on runners. Every intersection along the parade route will be supervised by sets of parade marshals to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
Chip Timed: This is a measured 5K Chip Timed Race. A disposable timing chip will be issued to all registrants. The course will be limited to 3000 registrants. Walkers and Runners are welcome. Awards will be provided and race results are posted on this website shortly after the race.
Proceeds from the run/walk go to benefit Rotary projects and charities. The number of entrants is limited. Registration is now open!
Proceeds from the run/walk go to benefit Rotary projects and charities.
Early registration discounts are available!
The early registration fee is $35/adult and $25/child (ages 14 & under). After January 31, 2018, the registration fee for an adult is $40/adult. From March 1, 2018 through race day, the registration fee for an adult is $45/adult. Child registration remains unchanged at $25/child (ages 14 & under).
The number of entrants is limited. Register today!
- Advance Packet Pickup is available for your convenience.
- 6:30 – 7:30AM: Day of race packet pickup. Race day registration is available, up to the maximum allowed entrants.
- 8:00AM: Run Start time
- 9:00AM: Course is cleared in preparation for the St. Paddy’s Day Parade
- 8:30 – 10:00AM: Post St. Paddy’s Day Run celebration for all participants
- 9:30AM: Awards and times posted, Cash awards will be provided immediately after the run.
- 10:00AM: St. Patrick’s Day Parade, hosted by West Suburban Irish .
- The race results are posted on this website shortly after the race.
Participants for the St. Paddy’s Day 5K can pick-up their packets in advance of the run. The packet pickup times and locations are listed below. Advance packet pickup is being requested to avoid the last minute rush on race day.
The packets will include your race number bib and disposable timing chip, running shirt, race information and logistics, and free goodie bag with promotional material and merchandise. For your convenience, you are welcome to pick up the packets for friends and family.
Packet Pickup Schedule (Tentative):
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 3:00PM – 8:00PM, Location: The Naperville Running Company
- Friday, March 9, 2018, 10:00AM – 8:00PM, Location: The Naperville Running Company
- Run Day, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 6:30AM – 7:30AM, Location: Tent near Start Line (see course map)
Race Day registration is available during packet pickup up to maximum allowed entrants.
Every Registered Participant
Participants receive a St. Paddy’s Day 5K Technical Running shirt in either men’s or women’s sizes. Technical running shirt sizes include: Men’s Small (MS), Men’s Medium (MM), Men’s Large (ML), Men’s Extra Large (MXL), Women’s Small (WS), Women’s Medium (WM), Women’s Large (WL) or Women’s Extra Large (WXL). Technical running shirts are available while supplies last. Shirt sizes are specified during registration.
Overall Race Awards
Cash Prizes will be awarded for the Overall Race:
- 1st Place – $100
- 2nd Place – $50
- 3rd Place – $25
Age Category Awards
Top 3 finishers in each age group for both Male and Female will receive an award tile. Overall race winners are removed from the age categories.
14 Age Groups: 9 and Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
2017 Printable Material — to be revised for 2018.
Post 5K Party
After the run, a 5K party will be held for all registered participants and sponsors inside a tent near the Finish line. Food and drinks will be served. For 2018, beer will be served after the race.
Links to More Information